The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: New Forum
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:13 am 
Offline
TMO Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:18 am
Posts: 774
Location: Singapore
Thought id test the new forum out...

good to see we are back online!!!

avatars are all missing and signitures are all nonsense... aside from that everything seems to be working as per normal

thanks guys!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Forum
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:39 am 
Offline
Official TMO Groundbreaker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 474
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Drifting Darkness wrote:
Thought id test the new forum out...

good to see we are back online!!!

avatars are all missing and signitures are all nonsense... aside from that everything seems to be working as per normal

thanks guys!


Yes, but the quotes are HUGE! (hence my quote...)

edit: it appears it's just old quotes. Like, http://www.metal-observer.com/forum/vie ... 3&start=15

Signatures work, you just have to re-write them, in BBCode. I think mine used to be in BBCode, but apparently it made them HTML.

_________________
The Metal Observer group at Last.fm
My Last.fm profile
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:58 am 
Offline
TMO Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:18 am
Posts: 774
Location: Singapore
from the FAQ section :

How do I show an image below my username?
There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank; generally these take the form of stars or blocks indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the forums. Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and they have a choice over the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars then this is the decision of the board admin and you should ask them their reasons (we're sure they'll be good!)

so mr alex... will we be allowed to have avatars?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:56 am 
Offline
Brother of TMO - Dennis

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:57 am
Posts: 506
I don't think Alex will say no, so I activated them. You can only upload your on avatars, though, remote avatars are disabled (I don't know if the bosses want them to be enabled, so I'll wait for their decision).

Max avatar size: 120 x 120 pixels, 20 KB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:51 am 
Offline
Official TMO Groundbreaker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 474
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
I get some silly error when I chose one, and it just shows up as that white box with a red x in it. And yes, they (tried 2) were under 120*120 and 20 kb.

_________________
The Metal Observer group at Last.fm
My Last.fm profile
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:08 pm 
Offline
TMO Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 650
How come this forum only lets me log on about 1 out of 10 times? I log on and then instead of saying 'Log out [ RavenVW ]' it just says 'Log in'. Not a huge problem as I can still get on but it's very frustrating.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:42 pm 
Offline
TMO Supporter

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 6:55 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Canada
Just a small question... will the site be stuck on this intensely bright and boring design? :?

_________________
Mastema


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:26 am 
Offline
Brother of TMO - Dennis

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:57 am
Posts: 506
Defender of the Faith wrote:
I get some silly error when I chose one, and it just shows up as that white box with a red x in it. And yes, they (tried 2) were under 120*120 and 20 kb.


Just try it again, it should work now (see my amazing new test avatar).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:30 am 
Offline
Brother of TMO - Dennis

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:57 am
Posts: 506
Mastema wrote:
Just a small question... will the site be stuck on this intensely bright and boring design? :?


I don't think so, but I haven't had the time to change it yet... you're right, though, this design isn't too Metal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:33 am 
Offline
Brother of TMO - Dennis

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:57 am
Posts: 506
RavenVW wrote:
How come this forum only lets me log on about 1 out of 10 times? I log on and then instead of saying 'Log out [ RavenVW ]' it just says 'Log in'. Not a huge problem as I can still get on but it's very frustrating.


Hm, does your browser accept cookies? Are you sure the capslock button wasn't pressed? Are you sure you entered the right password? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:42 am 
Offline
TMO Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 650
Rivfader wrote:
RavenVW wrote:
How come this forum only lets me log on about 1 out of 10 times? I log on and then instead of saying 'Log out [ RavenVW ]' it just says 'Log in'. Not a huge problem as I can still get on but it's very frustrating.


Hm, does your browser accept cookies? Are you sure the capslock button wasn't pressed? Are you sure you entered the right password? :)


Yes, yes and yes. Well, it worked first time today so hopefully it was just a problem with my internet connection(?) .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:44 am 
Offline
TMO Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Posts: 650
How come in some of the big topics with lots of replys it says that there are no posts for that topic, despite me just adding one...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:21 am 
Offline
Official TMO Groundbreaker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 474
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Rivfader wrote:
Defender of the Faith wrote:
I get some silly error when I chose one, and it just shows up as that white box with a red x in it. And yes, they (tried 2) were under 120*120 and 20 kb.


Just try it again, it should work now (see my amazing new test avatar).


Yup, works. Obviously.

_________________
The Metal Observer group at Last.fm
My Last.fm profile
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:55 pm 
Offline
TMO Co-Owner - Val
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:19 pm
Posts: 1702
Location: Calgary, Alberta
No problem with remote avatars, puts less strain on our server ;) Thanks Dennis!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:03 am 
Offline
Brother of TMO - Dennis

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:57 am
Posts: 506
RavenVW wrote:
How come in some of the big topics with lots of replys it says that there are no posts for that topic, despite me just adding one...


It's a bug, you will find the latest post when you visit the second to last page of the thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group