The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:10 am 
TMO Regular

Watchman, I think you mean "El hijo de la Novia", and if you're not watching southamerican movies you're missing a lot... "El hijo..." is a beautiful movie, I bought it, and "Lugares comunes", "El mismo amor la misma lluvia", "Kamchatka", "el último tren" or "Y tu mamá también" are all great great great movies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:04 pm 
TMO Nuts

Holy cow! Just saw Mulholland Drive and I can't recall seeing any movie as weird as that one. The sheer mind-twisting factor is unbelievable. I think I'm going to ask "what the hell happened?" a lot while trying to figure out the plot. Damn great movie! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:49 am 
TMO Nuts

Thanks! Yeah, I dicussed the movie with a friend and he had the same idea as you. That dream/reality-theory makes most sense. But thanks again for the explanation. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:02 pm 
TMO Devil

:blink: I just finished watching "The Crimson Rivers" and I was wondering if anybody who has seen it can help me. What did the whole "Perfect Race" thing have to do with the murder and removing the hands and eyes of the victims??? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:33 pm 
TMO Reader

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Brazil
The Hit
2001: A Space Odyssey
Spinal Tap
Blood Simple
Lord of the Rings

These two are so bad they're good:
Robot Monsters From Mars
Plan 9 From Outer Space

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:27 pm 
TMO Devil

Korpse wrote:
Lord of the Rings

I have never seen either the newest or the last Lord of the Rings. I'm guessing you would recommend the first one? I heard the ending was kinda weird though (thankfully my friend didn't ruin it for me lol).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:47 pm 
TMO Devil

watchman wrote:
Everyone here's gonna kill me, but I think the first Lord of the Rings film was quite weak. Very good for someone who has read the books and know what is going to happen and just want to actually see the things he had read about. But as a film...

The second is, IMO, much better (although it's just a decent film, far from a master piece).

IMO, obviously.

I'll take that in consideration, thanks Watchman :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:19 pm 
TMO Reader

watchman wrote:
Everyone here's gonna kill me, but I think the first Lord of the Rings film was quite weak. Very good for someone who has read the books and know what is going to happen and just want to actually see the things he had read about. But as a film...

The second is, IMO, much better (although it's just a decent film, far from a master piece).

IMO, obviously.

Yep, I would agree with that summary - the first movie would have been quite confusing and weak as far as characterisation went if you hadn't read the book.

The second was a lot better, but it's a bit of a problem when the character with the widest emotional range in the whole movie is completely computer-generated...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:30 am 
TMO Regular

I like them because of the books, is fun to see what other people saw when reading them, but they won't change my conception. I could start hating Sam just because of the movies (I hate his character!!!), but I liked him in the books, so...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next