The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:16 pm 
TMO Nuts

Mortiis - The Smell Of Rain (would've guessed it even without the hint ;) )

The background is black but if you look at it closely you can see a lot of faint hieroglyphs. In the centre there's an ankh with a green snake (looks like a python) coiled around it. There's no band name or title on the cover. Shouldn't be too hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:58 pm 
TMO Reader

Metallica's self-titled atrocity or alternately the Black album(sorry for the emotionally charged reply-I'm not a big fan of their post-Justice material <_< )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:06 pm 
TMO Reader

The cover looks like a screenshot from a movie with a big tornado in the center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:28 pm 
TMO Reader

<!--QuoteBegin-zealot1+Oct 24 2004, 09:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zealot1 @ Oct 24 2004, 09:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Metallica's self-titled atrocity or alternately the Black album(sorry for the emotionally charged reply-I'm not a big fan of their post-Justice material <_< ) [/quote]
Oops no, sorry I've skipped the hieroglyphs and ankh part. Metallica's cover only features the snake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:20 pm 
TMO Devil

<!--QuoteBegin-Agras+Oct 25 2004, 08:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agras @ Oct 25 2004, 08:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Mortiis - The Smell Of Rain (would've guessed it even without the hint ;) )

The background is black but if you look at it closely you can see a lot of faint hieroglyphs. In the centre there's an ankh with a green snake (looks like a python) coiled around it. There's no band name or title on the cover. Shouldn't be too hard... [/quote]
Well it's egyptian, has to be Nile right? In their darkened shrines I think.

A black and white bird, inside a grey mask. A bit of orange sky and a plane in the background up the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:03 pm 
TMO Maniac

i'll post a new cover description to keep this topic moving:

Bandname: top; album title: bottom middle; in the foreground there's a warrior in black armor (the sun and half-moon emblems on his chest are yellow), black helmet and black cape with a big, black hammer. He stands at brown ground (maybe a moor?), surrounded by dead trees. In the background right, behind the warrior there's a castle and the sky is orange. The clouds are gathering to a spiral I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:19 pm 
TMO Regular

Hammerfall - Glory To The Brave

The cover shows a weird rocky-like train or whatever it is, racing towards you, attached on the train is an eternal smiling face. The background is cloudy and yellow-ish. Band logo in the upper-left corner, album title in the downright corner. That should do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:15 pm 
TMO Co-Owner - Alex

In Flames - The Jester Race

White cover, band logo top left in light blue. In middle zoomed in on the iris and pupil of an eye, both also blue, in the pupil you see the reflection of a child's hand holding the index finger of an adult hand. The album title is underneath this.

Should be the first one I do that people actually can understand, LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:44 am 
TMO Maniac

mmmh. We should add a rule to this game to keep it moving. After 2 days we post a new cover description... ok?

@ alex: sounds like a nightwish cover...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:11 am 
TMO Regular

<!--QuoteBegin-Nazarene+Oct 29 2004, 03:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nazarene @ Oct 29 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mmmh. We should add a rule to this game to keep it moving. After 2 days we post a new cover description... ok?

@ alex: sounds like a nightwish cover...[/quote]
OK, and how about those that never got solved remaining open, you never know, someone should know them, making it possible to leapfrog the currently open one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:58 pm 
TMO Maniac

uh.... mmmh. I don't care about those unsolved covers ^_^

hey, it's zealot1s topic he make the rules ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:06 pm 
TMO Nuts

<!--QuoteBegin-The Weaver of Dreams+Oct 28 2004, 01:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Weaver of Dreams @ Oct 28 2004, 01:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->White cover, band logo top left in light blue. In middle zoomed in on the iris and pupil of an eye, both also blue, in the pupil you see the reflection of a child's hand holding the index finger of an adult hand. The album title is underneath this.

Should be the first one I do that people actually can understand, LOL.[/quote]
Evergrey - Inner Circle

The orange band logo is on the top left corner. Two pink orchids with some white and yellow in the middle on a black background. There's no album title on the cover.

Shouldn't be too hard but I'll give a hint: it's the band's debut album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:23 pm 
TMO Devil

<!--QuoteBegin-Agras+Oct 30 2004, 10:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agras @ Oct 30 2004, 10:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-The Weaver of Dreams+Oct 28 2004, 01:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Weaver of Dreams @ Oct 28 2004, 01:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->White cover, band logo top left in light blue. In middle zoomed in on the iris and pupil of an eye, both also blue, in the pupil you see the reflection of a child's hand holding the index finger of an adult hand. The album title is underneath this.

Should be the first one I do that people actually can understand, LOL.[/quote]
Evergrey - Inner Circle

The orange band logo is on the top left corner. Two pink orchids with some white and yellow in the middle on a black background. There's no album title on the cover.

Shouldn't be too hard but I'll give a hint: it's the band's debut album. [/quote]
Opeth - Orchid. It's easy if you have the album title in the description hehe.

Band logo and album title in top left hand corner. Orangeish brown background, a street with garden/forest superimposed on it. Two little blonde children, girl and a boy, stand holding hands in the centre.

Hint: Same band as the last one I posted that nobody guessed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:44 pm 
TMO Co-Owner - Alex

Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element I

Cover in general is purplish, band logo is in top left corner, a bit darker shade of purple. Cover itself is a decaying dead bird, album title is in lower left corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:14 am 
TMO Nuts

no idea.... alex makes his way hard :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next