The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:39 am 
TMO Regular

Is it the IN FLAMES re-release of Lunar Strain/Subterranean?? i know it has a decaying bird on it...dunno about the rest :P

i wont keep things rolling till i know if im right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:10 am 
TMO Nuts

<!--QuoteBegin-The Weaver of Dreams+Oct 30 2004, 04:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Weaver of Dreams @ Oct 30 2004, 04:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element I

Cover in general is purplish, band logo is in top left corner, a bit darker shade of purple. Cover itself is a decaying dead bird, album title is in lower left corner.[/quote]
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

The grim reaper sitting on a black horse holding a scythe in his left hand and an hourglass in the right hand. The background of a wintry wilderness. A mountain range in the far back with a deep green treeline in front of them. The horse is standing on what seems to be the snow covered bank of a frozen stream. The band logo is on the top left in shades of white, black and blue and the album title is on the top right just below the scythe's blade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:12 am 
TMO Co-Owner - Alex

Normally I would say Dissection's "Storm Of The Light's Bane", but the album title is right underneath the logo... As soon as I have the ok that it is this one, I will post the next description...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:01 pm 
TMO Nuts

Yeah it's the (almost) same album. The one I took the description from is the digipack version with "Where dead angels lie" Ep as a bonus. So it's your turn Alex ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:25 pm 
TMO Co-Owner - Alex

Okidoke, background is sand in the lower part, a reddish sky in the top part. Band logo is centered in the top, fading from purple to yellow/orange from left to right. Album title is at the centered bottom, in red. In the middle you see a mirror, to the left of it (in front of it) a figure in a black, hooded robe, touching the mirror, in the mirror a figure in a white, hooded robe, where they touch there is a kind of star illumination. The figure in white wears a white/red mask and stands on water instead of sand.

Can't get any more precise, LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:13 pm 
TMO Devil

Symphony X - V

The band logo is on the top right, written in gray. Right above it is the album title. The background is mostly Red with some black on the top left. The artwork is as follows: A Glass head facing right with a glass pole running through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:14 pm 
TMO Reader

Judas Priest - Stained Class

Band logo in the top right-hand corner, album title along the bottom. A naked female torso wearing a bandolier of bullets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:07 pm 
TMO Devil

Impaled Nazarene - The Abscence Of War Does Not Mean Peace

The band logo (very difficult to read) is on the top left corner with the album title along the bottom. The entire cover is in black and white, and on the right, a man wearing corpse paint is looking up and he looks like he is screaming. Right beside him to the left are five candles on a candelabra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:23 pm 
TMO Nuts

Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger

The cover is actually a drawing or a painting. It's centerpiece is the shadowy figure of a wolf howling at a big, yellow, full moon. Right beside the wolf is the shadowy image of a twisted little tree and its branches block parts from the upper half of the moon from view. The wolf and the tree are on what looks like a cliff, or a fjord, which is colored in white and black with many shades of green. There are some clouds to be seen on the otherwise very dark blue nightsky. The band logo is almost at the bottom and centered. The band logo is black and white but still very elegant looking thanks to its decorative outlook. No album title on the cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:14 am 
TMO Regular

Ulver – Nattens Madrigal.

A muscular looking male figure with bare chest, standing in front of a stone wall. His face is not human, being scaly at the top, and with a cow’s nose and donkey’s ears. Band logo along the top, in front of blue sky with white clouds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:19 pm 
TMO Devil

I believe it's Therion - Theli... but I'll wait for a confirmation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:25 am 
TMO Regular

<!--QuoteBegin-Paegan_Terrorist+Nov 2 2004, 03:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paegan_Terrorist @ Nov 2 2004, 03:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I believe it's Therion - Theli... but I'll wait for a confirmation?[/quote]
Yeah, you're spot on there, it's Theli.

Your move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:44 pm 
TMO Devil

The Band logo is top centre and written in Silver. Written along the bottom is the album title, also in silver. The picture is that of a bloodstained dove caught in barbed wire.

Fairly easy one ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:23 pm 
TMO Reader

Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War

Cover is mainly blue tonings - mountainous background, snow-covered foreground with a stream on the right-hand side. A skeleton carrying a scythe and an hour-glass is sitting on a horse in the middle of the picture. Band log and album name are in the top left-hand corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 pm 
TMO Devil

<!--QuoteBegin-Korpse+Nov 3 2004, 08:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Korpse @ Nov 3 2004, 08:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War

Cover is mainly blue tonings - mountainous background, snow-covered foreground with a stream on the right-hand side. A skeleton carrying a scythe and an hour-glass is sitting on a horse in the middle of the picture. Band log and album name are in the top left-hand corner. [/quote]
Dissection - Storm Of The Light's Bane

Grey background, dead crow lying in the middle. Band and album title in white over the top.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next