The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: A Game Without A Name
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:18 pm 
Official TMO Groundbreaker

Stole this from another forum, but it's actually a pretty cool game, unlike a lot of other ones...

Basically, you first set your MP3/media player on random/shuffle, and then you post the first line or so from the first 10-20 songs that come up. Then you dudes guess which the songs are. OR you post a list of your own and we'll guess. OR you do both!

When someone has guessed a song, I suggest you edit the post and make it clear that that song has already been guessed...

To help the list-posting ones of you out a bit, here are links to two good lyrics sites, in case you don't feel like actually listening to the songs:
http://www.lyricsbox.com/
http://www.darklyrics.com/

But you could also just google the song, if the lyrics aren't on those sites. (Feel free to tell me about some other good sites though, if you know any)

So, I guess I should start.

1. She lays in bed at night and that is when I make my call : Iron Maiden - Twilight Zone (Sam)
2. Hey man ya know I'm really ok, the gun in my hand will tell you the same : The Offspring - Bad Habit (Sam)
3. I'll be damned, here comes your ghost again : Judas Priest - Diamonds and Rust (Aga)
4. Are you gonna take me home tonight? Ah down beside that red firelight : Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls (Sam)
5. I feel a breeze on my face in expectance, Not very long before the storm reaches here : Iron Maiden - Lightning Strikes Twice (Dennis)
6. See the rider, rides in with the storm : Judas Priest - Sinner (RavenVW)
7. When the moonchild is crying, and silence has broken : Blind Guardian - Time What is Time (Count-Tyr)
8. Close your eyes and imagine, the soldier at *song title* : Iced Earth - Valley Forge (Sam)
9. Sitting in my room, staring at the wall, I can't believe it's happening : Hammerfall - Never Ever (Sentenced)
10. Snow is falling down on this glorious land, colours fading turning into white again : Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave (Sentenced)
11. You'll take my life but I'll take yours too : Iron Maiden - The Trooper (Aga)
12. Autumn is kissing valleys and hills, shy Falin welcome me, old trees are speaking to the holy wind, about ancient memories : Rhapsody - Never Forgotten Heroes (Túrin Turambar)
13. If you're feeling down depressed and lonely, I know a place where we can go. : Iron Maiden - 22 Acacia Avenue (Dennis)
14. *song title* Mmmmh *song title* 'Cause they're only there to do you harm : Dio - Don't Talk To Strangers (Aga)
15. Sighs – The fury has electrified my mind, Sighs – The hatred burns inside, by the mark of vengeance will I grind : Hammerfall - Fury Of The Wild (Dennis)
16. I'd sail across the ocean, I'd walk a hundred miles, if I could make it to the end : Iron Maiden - Childhood's End (Dennis)
17. Hineni mavi et hamabool maim al ha'aretz : Orphaned Land - Mabool (Aga)
18. If you had the time to lose, an open mind and time to choose : Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere In Time (Dennis)
19. You stared too long into the sun, forgot the rest of the sky, don't let the gambler lead you astray : Falconer - Substitutional World (Dennis)
20. Look out, here's *song title*, cruisin' into town. Set his mind to stealin', every little heart around : Judas Priest - Starbreaker (Count-Tyr)

I feel like it's a bit too easy... but we'll see.

(DON'T CHEAT!)

Last edited by Defender of the Faith on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:24 pm 
Official TMO Weatherman

oops, I was never good at games. So we guess until all songs are done and then who will post next ?

3. Judas Priest - Diamonds and rust
11. Iron Maiden - The Trooper
17. Orphaned Land - Mabool (guess)

Of course I know songs 14 and 16 but I can't come up with the precise title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:41 am 
Brother of TMO - Dennis

ok, here are some other titles:

13. Iron Maiden - 22 Acacia Avenue
15. Hammerfall - Fury Of The Wild
16. Iron Maiden - Childhood's End
18. Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere In Time
19. Falconer - Substitutional World

I think I kow some of the other songs as well, but I can't remember right now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:35 am 

<!--QuoteBegin-aga+May 26 2007, 12:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aga @ May 26 2007, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> oops, I was never good at games. So we guess until all songs are done and then who will post next ? [/quote]
Actually, there can be more than one list at once, since that will keep the game from being "killed" by a couple of difficult songs.

You're both correct with your guesses though! 14 may seem hard, but it's quite easy when you've figured it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:32 pm 
Official TMO Weatherman

<!--QuoteBegin-Defender of the Faith+May 26 2007, 04:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Defender of the Faith @ May 26 2007, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 14 may seem hard, but it's quite easy when you've figured it out. [/quote]
Yes, they used to play the bloody song in every metal club I ever went in this city :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:12 am 
TMO Reader

9. Hammerfall - Never Ever
10. Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave

it should be right :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:45 am 
TMO Regular

6. Judas Priest - Sinner, my uncle likes this song. I'm not sure why...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:11 pm 
TMO Maniac

1. Iron Maiden - Twilight Zone
8. Iced Earth - Valley Forge
2. The Offspring - Bad Habit(?)
4. Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:52 pm 

You guys are good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:53 pm 
TMO Maniac

7 - Blind guardian - time what is time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:06 am 
Brother of TMO - Dennis

here's another one:

5. Iron Maiden - Lightning Strikes Twice

I just knew I had heard that line somewhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:20 am 

Correct. If no ones has guessed the three remaining songs by tomorrow, I'll give out hints or maybe post some more lines from the songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:24 pm 
TMO Regular

Can I post a list of my own?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:38 pm 
Official TMO Weatherman

yes. he said so in his second post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:28 pm 
TMO Regular

1. Imposture! At the peak of my triumphant march. Conjuration! Doubt befalls me so close to the end
2. Medicate the mind, Recover and evaluate. Pills swallowed, sleep sets in.
3. (song title) staring into the void, piercing empty hell. See all, see through.
4. See them die! they die!!! A rain of blood to cover our world
5. Useless words are the weapons of your conviction. Molesting, infiltrating every perception
6. Halfway through the wheat, my golden foe. With his itching ears in the scorching heat.
7. Crying, the anger sorrow in your eyes is shining through your disguise, you can not hide all your lies
<span style='color:red'>8. All is numb and broken on streets I dare not walk. Freedom is an illusion, I built my fences high: Dark Tranquility - Miserys Crown (Count-Tyr)</span>
9. A shackle of frailest copper
10. I am immortal. I am strong. I am godforsaken. I am in command and nothing will go wrong.

This is pretty hard