The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:37 pm 
TMO Co-Owner - Alex

<!--QuoteBegin-Agras+May 15 2004, 02:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agras @ May 15 2004, 02:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The easiest way to end this war is for the US and its supporting nations' to withdraw their troops from Iraq and let them take care of themselves. [/quote]
Well, but then they would most probably as far away from the Iraqi oil as they had been with Saddam in place...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:17 pm 
TMO Reader

<!--QuoteBegin-soul flayer+May 16 2004, 09:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soul flayer @ May 16 2004, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I heard that before Nick Berg was kidnapped by the terrorist ppl, he was offered a flight out of the country and was told that he could be in danger of possible attacks. the guy refused the offer and said that he would drive out of the country on his own.

[/quote]
I read that he was offered the flight but was in custody at the time and therefore missed his flight, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it was along those lines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:24 pm 
TMO Maniac

<!--QuoteBegin-The Weaver of Dreams+May 16 2004, 11:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Weaver of Dreams @ May 16 2004, 11:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Agras+May 15 2004, 02:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agras @ May 15 2004, 02:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The easiest way to end this war is for the US and its supporting nations' to withdraw their troops from Iraq and let them take care of themselves. [/quote]
Well, but then they would most probably as far away from the Iraqi oil as they had been with Saddam in place... [/quote]
The oil thing is getting really old.....if America were in this for the oil, we would be making money from this war, which we definately arent. So I say you need to at least find a better argument against this war.

And while i'm in the typing mood, i want to tell you my stance on the war, I think after 9-11 it was definately necessary to strike back, we cant just sit here and wait to be attacked again. And i was really unsure about the whole war on Iraq, and i still am, but i do know we at least accomplished our main goal of taking Sadaam out of power (which i know must really suck for you guys, becasue i know you would love to have some other reason to criticize America) Now i am really getting tired of hearing about our troops dying, and im starting to wonder if there really even know what there dying for......one thing i do know though, is this isnt about oil, and bush needs to get us the hell out of Iraq.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:28 pm 
TMO Regular

<!--QuoteBegin-lord of all fevers and plague+May 17 2004, 12:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lord of all fevers and plague @ May 17 2004, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-The Weaver of Dreams+May 16 2004, 11:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Weaver of Dreams @ May 16 2004, 11:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Agras+May 15 2004, 02:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agras @ May 15 2004, 02:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The easiest way to end this war is for the US and its supporting nations' to withdraw their troops from Iraq and let them take care of themselves. [/quote]
Well, but then they would most probably as far away from the Iraqi oil as they had been with Saddam in place... [/quote]
The oil thing is getting really old.....if America were in this for the oil, we would be making money from this war, which we definately arent. So I say you need to at least find a better argument against this war.

And while i'm in the typing mood, i want to tell you my stance on the war, I think after 9-11 it was definately necessary to strike back, we cant just sit here and wait to be attacked again. And i was really unsure about the whole war on Iraq, and i still am, but i do know we at least accomplished our main goal of taking Sadaam out of power (which i know must really suck for you guys, becasue i know you would love to have some other reason to criticize America) Now i am really getting tired of hearing about our troops dying, and im starting to wonder if there really even know what there dying for......one thing i do know though, is this isnt about oil, and bush needs to get us the hell out of Iraq......... [/quote]
The thing about oil isn't for America, but a select few. Also, you have to spend money to make money, just because this operation isn't making money at the moment doesn't mean it won't later on.

Now, about your comments on the war. No you never achieved your main objectives, because the main objective was to locate weapons of mass destruction. Once it became obvious that the US had invaded without propper evidence, they changed their story. Also, Bush has since admitted that he had plans to invade Iraq in January of 2001, 9 months before the terrorist attacks.

Also, Saddam and Osama Bin Laden have no ties what so ever, in fact, Saddam and his regime are considered as infedels by Osama as much as America is, so trying to tie in the 9/11 attacks with Iraq is asinine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:28 pm 
TMO Maniac

<!--QuoteBegin-The Weaver of Dreams+May 16 2004, 11:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Weaver of Dreams @ May 16 2004, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Apart from Korea, when have the Americans been really into something, where there was no oil involved?

[/quote]
I dont recall hearing anything about oil in WWII or Vietnam.......

:hmm: And i really doubt there was any oil involved in the civil war ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:30 pm 
TMO Regular

<!--QuoteBegin-lord of all fevers and plague+May 17 2004, 12:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lord of all fevers and plague @ May 17 2004, 12:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-The Weaver of Dreams+May 16 2004, 11:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Weaver of Dreams @ May 16 2004, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

Apart from Korea, when have the Americans been really into something, where there was no oil involved?

[/quote]
I dont recall hearing anything about oil in WWII or Vietnam.......

:hmm: And i really doubt there was any oil involved in the civil war ;) [/quote]
True, there was no oil in Vietnam, just the threat of American commerce being overtaken by communism.

And a war amongst yourselves can hardly be taken as an example of a selfless war :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:36 pm 
TMO Maniac

A question for the ones of you protesting war and America in general, How would you feel if something as catastrophic and monumental as 9-11 were to happen in your country? would you want to find out who it is, and let them know they cant do it again, or would you sit back and wait for it to happen again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:44 pm 
TMO Regular

Dude, listen. The terrorists came from Afgansitan, not Iraq! Look at a map, they're two different countries.

Also, terroism, comes from a group, not a country. By waging war on a country for a terrorist attack you accomplish nothing.

And don't think I don't notice that you're trying to make me realise you didn't address a SINGLE one of my point by placing a sensitive topic on my shoulders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:03 pm 
TMO Maniac

<!--QuoteBegin-Silent Screams+May 17 2004, 12:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silent Screams @ May 17 2004, 12:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dude, listen. The terrorists came from Afgansitan, not Iraq! Look at a map, they're two different countries.

Also, terroism, comes from a group, not a country. By waging war on a country for a terrorist attack you accomplish nothing.

And don't think I don't notice that you're trying to make me realise you didn't address a SINGLE one of my point by placing a sensitive topic on my shoulders. [/quote]
no dude you listen, i didnt direct that question at you to change the subject.

Holy fuck! there a totally different country?! thanks man I needed that, and if you dont remember we did attack afghanistan, and if i rememebr correctly this topic was started talking about afghanistan, and thats who i'm still talking about.

And if you dont want to answer my question because you dont want to admit that you would want revenge thats fine, cause its always better to just sit back and take it in the mouth right? thats how most of you make it seem

as for adressing your precious points here i go

<span style='color:red'>And a war amongst yourselves can hardly be taken as an example of a selfless war </span>

wow, good point.... :mellow:

<span style='color:red'>True, there was no oil in Vietnam, just the threat of American commerce being overtaken by communism</span>.

something definately worth fighting for

<span style='color:red'>No you never achieved your main objectives, because the main objective was to locate weapons of mass destruction</span>.

I admit your right on that one, that was the main objective, and we failed. So we accomplished the secondary objective...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:13 pm 
TMO Regular

<!--QuoteBegin-lord of all fevers and plague+May 17 2004, 01:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lord of all fevers and plague @ May 17 2004, 01:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Silent Screams+May 17 2004, 12:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silent Screams @ May 17 2004, 12:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dude, listen. The terrorists came from Afgansitan, not Iraq! Look at a map, they're two different countries.

And don't think I don't notice that you're trying to make me realise you didn't address a SINGLE one of my point by placing a sensitive topic on my shoulders. [/quote]
no dude you listen, i didnt direct that question at you to change the subject.

Holy fuck! there a totally different country?! thanks man I needed that, and if you dont remember we did attack afghanistan, and if i rememebr correctly this topic was started talking about afghanistan, and thats who i'm still talking about.

And if you dont want to answer my question because you dont want to admit that you would want revenge thats fine, cause its always better to just sit back and take it in the mouth right? thats how most of you make it seem

as for adressing your precious points here i go

<span style='color:red'>And a war amongst yourselves can hardly be taken as an example of a selfless war </span>

wow, good point.... :mellow:

<span style='color:red'>True, there was no oil in Vietnam, just the threat of American commerce being overtaken by communism</span>.

something definately worth fighting for

<span style='color:red'>No you never achieved your main objectives, because the main objective was to locate weapons of mass destruction</span>.

I admit your right on that one, that was the main objective, and we failed. So we accomplished the secondary objective... [/quote]
Quote:

Actually, we were talking about an American who was beheaded in Iraq, not Afganistan.

Yes, I remember when you ivaded Afganistan, so why invade Iraq if they have no connection to 9/11?

As to what I would do if Canada were attacked? I would hope that my government didn't invade the wrong country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:17 pm 
TMO Maniac

<!--QuoteBegin-Silent Screams+May 17 2004, 01:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silent Screams @ May 17 2004, 01:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

As to what I would do if Canada were attacked? [/quote]
So now the question is, who would bother attacking Canada? :huh:

*ducks and runs*

I know i just offended a shitload of people B) Rememebr, love thy neighbor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:19 pm 
TMO Regular

I'm not offended by that comment. I remember after 9/11 someone said they heard that Montreal was a target. It was as laughable then as it is now. Attacking Canada would be pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:21 pm 
TMO Maniac

<!--QuoteBegin-Silent Screams+May 17 2004, 01:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silent Screams @ May 17 2004, 01:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm not offended by that comment. I remember after 9/11 someone said they heard that Montreal was a target. It was as laughable then as it is now. Attacking Canada would be pointless. [/quote]
Unless some odd country has some kind of snow fetish....Then your fucked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:31 pm 
TMO Regular

Most of the good snow is north of here anyways, so I think I'm in the clear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:35 am 
TMO Maniac

... :lol: ..so it´s no tale!!! Americans and Canadians love each other.... :wub: :rofl:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next