The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:34 am 
TMO Regular

I've noticed recently that quite some of the links are dead. It's not criticism on any level. It's a vast amount of linked MP3's on this site so it takes more than one to do the weeding so to say. There should perhaps be an easy way to report dead links back to HQ. Like; found any dead links click here to report at the bottom of the review or something. Is it a good or bad idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 am 
TMO Co-Owner - Val

We had one person going through the mp3 link, but that person is currently very busy and it's been put on hold for now.

All our link are official, either from the band or the label site, but many times the label, for example, have the links on for a short period of time and then take them off, other then having someone do this constantly or regularly, we can't really do much about it.

We always tell people to email us if they find any problems with the site but most don't. Adding a button would probably not do much, as most people won't even notice it's there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:47 pm 
TMO Regular

Not true, for it has prooven an adequate function on many other sites. When I'm on a website and I see a link is no longer there, I usually report a dead link, if it's avaible, or not a horribly drug out questionare I eagerly report it, because I know in turn, there might be fixes done to the link or I won't have to sife through tuns of shit that isn't even avaible anymore: ergo making navigation through pages, more tolerable. But, it's really not that big of a deal in this case, TMO has many mp3s that are avaible, and many other features to keep us occupied, and I would rather better features come before this one, but still would not mind this feature in the future. It is easy to see, that many bands take down mp3s frequently, so obviously this feature alone could not fix this problem 100%, but instead fix it slightly. This feature, if ever created(does not really matter to me if it is or is not regardless) would just aid you, in deleting all the dead links. I am aware that many links are dead though, and I was slightly let down, but I was still able to just listen to many other songs which peaked my interests, and thats what makes TMO so great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:30 pm 
TMO Co-Owner - Val

Not because you notice that others will. Most people have not even noticed the mailorder button on everypages...

As for deleting link we don't actually just delete them we look and make sure it's not available on the band or label site but has just changed location.

What other features would you rather see finished first?