The Metal Observer Forums

The Metal Observer Forums
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:16 am 
TMO Nuts

It's good to know that at least someone knows what I'm thinking cuz half the time even I don't have a frakkin' clue what the hell is going on in the ol' noggin... but I'd advice to stay away from the third door on the right... ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:39 am 
TMO Maniac

thanks for warning me...but your to late *Shudders*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:29 am 
TMO Regular

Location: Land of wine and cheese, we've lost every war we've been in
Now, there's a solution to avoid these 'I wanna always get in the last word' or 'I'm always right' patterns.
Once someone assumed a position in a thread we all agree .... wouldn't that be great ? :firedevil:

A better solution would be to open every thread with a poll, and only the opinions conforming to the majority votes should be expressed :overlord:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:52 pm 
TMO Regular

I hate how everyone is saying power metals vocals are to much like pop music and how it is not hard enough. This is not true! you have to choose the right bands, or of course your gonna be dissatisfied. If you want hard vocals then why not try Sabaton, Dark At Dawn or better yet Morgana Lefay. Plenty of power metal bands still have that bad ass hard edge to them. Also lyrically, its not all about "dragons". Some of the rightings if read over and observed are actually quiet meaningful. In entertainment we watch epic and horror related things, that is why I enjoy power metal singing about epic and death metal singing about horror. there two topics humans just love to indulge in ergo excellent for a musical experience. For all you who want tough power metal pop in the Iced Earth and shut the fuck up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:34 pm 
Brother of TMO - Christopher

Power metal is something i usually cant stand. none of it is angry, or fast enough, for my tastes. there are a few bands that i listen to, but thats mostly because they remind me of Iron Maiden. mostly, i stay away from it, cause i really dont like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:05 pm 
TMO Regular

Iced Earth's "I Cut you once, I cut you twice, your my midnight sacrifice" thats not angry enough? Some Power Metal is angry, you must hear the right bands. Of course Dragonforce, or any bands similar, will soud overly happy, thats what they sound like! Ore what about Nevermore's Enemys or Reality, thats not that happy of an album, is it? Whatever, its all up to what you like, your opinion is the only thing that should matter to you, in the subject of music.